I have to admit I was just a little bit excited to hear that the Travelling Corkscrew received a Liebster award by the lovely Amanda from The Chef, his Wife and their PERTHfect life blog!
The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers. We all love what we do, but behind all that wine drinking and eating there is actually a lot of work that goes into what we do. Liebster is a German word which has various translations such as: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome and sweetheart. Awww how sweet is that!
So much time and effort goes into each blog post and it is just so fantastic to be recognised for this very thirsty passion that I have! Big thanks to The Chef, his Wife and their PERTHfect life for nominating me. Amanda is married to a chef and comes from a very foodie family which makes me feel like I’m getting the inside scoop when reading her tasty recommendations – plus they always make me starving!! Check out her blog here: http://thechefhiswifeperth.com
So here are my answers to The Chef’s Wife questions:
- What is #1 on your bucket list? I would absolutely love to visit the Champagne house of Krug in France.
- Where in Perth do you like to dine if it’s a special occasion? A meal at Sandalford Estate in the Swan Valley is pretty special. I’ll never forget my first lunch there, I was completely WOWed! However I had tasted through the wines at the cellar door prior to this so that definitely kickstarted my good mood!
- What is your favourite movie and TV show? Again I can’t go with the conventional answer – movie box sets; Lethal Weapon, Die Hard and Fast & the Furious. TV show would have to be True Blood.
- Where do you see yourself five years from now? In my own house with a bloody awesome wine cellar! And hopefully it’s full of bloody awesome wine too!
- What inspired you to start blogging? There are so many wines out there and each and every one of them has a story behind it… You don’t have to be a snob when it comes to wine, if you like the goon – great! Everyone’s palates are different and we need to celebrate that. What I like, you may not like and that’s totally cool (more for me then!!).
- What is your favourite post that you’ve written? Any from my time backpacking around Europe, we went to crazy places and meet some crazier people. Doing the research for Bulls Blood in Hungary was pretty fun!
- What would your dream job be? Blogging full-time of course. Who doesn’t want to get paid for drinking wine and writing about it??
- Where in Perth do you like to go for breakfast? I’m still searching for the perfect spot however Upper Reach Winery in the Swan Valley do a good full brekkie.
- Who would be your 3 ideal dinner party guests? Any of my family from New Zealand, I love Perth but family just can’t be replaced and to have them over for dinner would make my day! However saying that my wine cellar would well and truly be depleted by the time they left as they drink like fish – runs in the family I guess!
- Share with us your favourite photo you have taken for your blog.. I actually didn’t take it, Mr. Spittoon did and I love it!
And the nominations are…
Grape Tastes - I recently met Jasmine, a fellow Kiwi and wine lover living in Perth. After being inspired by a wine class in Auckland hosted by Bob Campbell MW she has been lured into the world of wine. She has that laid back Kiwi feel to her writing and a down to earth wine drinking approach!
Perth Wine Enthusiast - He tastes broadly and often, which I love! He has some quirky tasting notes which I find very refreshing. He is also the president of our Wine Century Club (we are working towards tasting 100 different grape varieties).
Gourmet Vicariously - I met Charissa through the Wine Century Club and I just loved her enthusiasm for wine and food. She is studying, working and still has time to blog about all her foodie and vino adventures!
Girl + Beer - When I’m not drinking wine, beer is definitely my beverage of choice and I must say this fabulous beer blog regularly gives me a hankering to try new beers not to mention the bacon, beer jam and beer bread recipes. Yum!
Eat Meets West - This is not your average food blog, Bri has an edge and I just love reading her posts. She also posts some fantastic recipes!!
For the bloggers mentioned above, here is how it works:
The rules… (may vary from blogger to blogger) So once you get this award:
- Thank your Liebster Award presenter on your blog
- Add the link of the award presenter’s blog who awarded you
- Post the award on your blog
- Answer the questions given to you by the award presenter
- Present the Liebster Award to 5-10 bloggers that you enjoy
- These blogs should have less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for your awardees to answer
- Notify the awardees by leaving a comment on their blog
- Please link us back when you post! We would love to read your answers!
And here are your questions from me:
- If you could drink only one beverage for the rest of your life what would you choose?
- What’s your favourite spot in Perth for an evening drink?
- Which social media channel could you not live without?
- What is your favourite blog post that you’ve written?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 2 items would you take?
- Where is your favourite place in the world?
- What’s your best diet tip?
- Who/what is your blogging muse?
- What’s your favourite movie and tv show?
- Share your favourite blog photo you have posted..